I love ending a year and starting a new one. There is something so sweet about reflecting on the blessings of one year and having hope for what is ahead! Today will be a short recap of 2017 because it is so good for me to be reminded of all that has happened so I don't just fly by it without gratitude because seriously so much change happened in 2017 that I am grateful for! Here are my Top 5 blessings of 2017:
1. WE GOT A PUP!!! Honestly one of my favorite things about this year! I have been wanting a dog forever and Mozzie is the sweetest little nugget of a blessing. I never thought I would love an animal as much as I love him! (PC: https://alexandrawhite.pixieset.com )
2. We moved into a house!!! You guys...I can't even describe how huge this was for me! Living in a house with windows, space, and a kitchen that fits more than 2 people in it, is just the coolest thing! It is a rental house so we aren't sure how long we will live here but as long as our landlords will let us is our goal! I prayed for a house for 3years consistently! Thankfully the best outcome presented itself to us & worked out perfectly! We even moved in on my birthday!
3. Johnny got a job with East Valley Young Life! He is loving every bit about this job & is thriving in his new role! As a wife it is the best thing to see your husband set out to do something that is scary & put his whole heart into it! Johnny has been so faithful in this transition and shows me Jesus daily! He also loves working with high school and middle school kids! He has some of the best staff and leaders that made us feel so welcomed!
4. I got a new car! Although it really sucked being in an accident and getting my car totaled, it's been another thing that God called us to completely rely on Him to provide. So many people came around us wanting to help! We were blown away by the love & support!
5. I rode 30miles on a bike to fundraise money for Easy Valley Young Life! I didn't think I could physically do it so accomplishing that was such a victory! I also was nervous about fundraising money so I was blown away by all those who instantly wanted to donate! I'm realizing my faith can be so small sometimes! God always provides!
Now just to be clear saying all of the blessings doesn't mean that there wasn't many hard moments or even seasons of 2017! So just to be real with you guys know that this is the highlight reel of it! Sometimes it's easy to remember the bad but not the good, so this is my reminder of all the good that 2017 brought! I think the theme of 2017 was embracing change. As much as change can be exciting and fun, it can also be scary and stressful. I am hoping that 2018 can be more about planting roots & digging deeper!
I would love to know one of your Top Moments of 2017! Please share below!