If you know me it is no secret that I am an organizing freak! It makes me so happy & I wish people would pay me to organize their closet! Nothing makes me happier than an organized closet! Make room for the things you love!!! Here are some easy tips to organize your closet:
1. Color coordinate! It makes your closet look organized & it's easier to find clothes!
2. Use organizing containers for shoes if you don't have shelves.
3. Use felt hangers: it will save you so much room in your closet, they look nicer, & they keep your clothes from sliding off the hanger. (This is something you can buy over time since they can get pricey)
4. Purge often! I mean this...if you don't wear it, it's just taking up closet space! I like to use the "KonMarie" method to put all your clothes in a big pile on your bed. Then hold each item and ask myself "Does this spark joy?" Also if I haven't worn something in over a year then chances are that I don't need it or love it!
5. Organize Tops in this order: tank tops, t-shirts, quarter length, long sleeve, sweaters. (Put big jackets in another closet if you have the room) It's also helpful to face clothing all the same direction!
Before & After!
If you haven't watched Tidying Up on Netflix, I would highly recommend it! You will want to organize your whole house after! I am going to try folding my drawer items using "Marie Kondo's" method and see how I like it for drawer items!
Once you've purged your clothing make sure to put them into 2 piles: one pile for trash (if it's very old or just not worth donating) & another pile for either donating to a Goodwill or Consignment store like Buffalo Exchange! You can even try to get money to shop for new clothes at places like Buffalo Exchange, Plato's Closet, or Poor Little Rich Girl! (These are all in Phoenix, AZ but your town should have their own consignment stores!)
Let me know in the comments below if this was helpful & if you have any additional tips!